Monday, January 4, 2010

Mourning


One of my very best friends recently passed away and I'm on brief hiatus to deal with my grief (though she would disapprove-- she would tell me life is short). I miss her so much that my heart aches.

Kathleen Givens (pictured above, on the left with Julia London, center, and me) was a warm, generous, loving, spirited, strong and stylish woman. She was also a RITA-award winning author (for The Destiny) and the finest writer I know. If you haven't read Kathleen's books, you're missing out. I recommend her last two, ON A HIGHLAND SHORE, and RIVALS FOR THE CROWN (and then you'll be hooked and you'll want to go back and get all the rest starting with the incomparable KILGANNON).

Tributes for Kathleen are ongoing at The Whine Sisters. Please join us in remembering her.



1 comment:

Rachel E. Moniz said...

Thinking of you as you mourn, Sherri. Sending prayers to you and all of Kathleen's friends and family.

 

©2009 SHERRI AND CHARLOTTE by BloggerTemplates