Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!



Father's Day here is filled with the sound of vuvuzelas. My husband is recuperating from unexpected surgery on Friday (Wednesday, excruciating neck pain. Thursday, all day at the ER. Surprise, you need immediate surgery to save your spinal chord from permanent damage- yipes! Friday, operation. Saturday, Sunday, recovery mode) and is struggling to find a pain-free position in front of the World Cup soccer on TV. I'm about to go visit my dad and my grandfather with gifts and good cheer.

One of my best memories of Dad? Sharing his lap with my big sister as he read us the Sunday comics in funny voices. One of my best memories of my grandfather, who was like a dad to me in many ways? When my big sister got invited to cool parties and I was left out, he would have my mother dress me up and he would take me as his "date" to fancy restaurants, just the two of us. Good times! And probably why I listed frogs legs and escargot among my favorite foods when most kids were appreciating pizza and mac n cheese. Yay, Dads!
Wishing fathers everywhere a very happy day! What are your best memories of dads?

No comments:

 

©2009 SHERRI AND CHARLOTTE by BloggerTemplates