Tuesday, March 23, 2010


Sherri: Charlotte, I'm a guest this week on author Molly Harper's Blog (Thursday March 25). I've had my hair done for the occasion. Want to see the before and after? Here's the before, on the left.

Charlotte: (yawn) What exactly do they "do" to it? Why not just pull it back in a bun so it's out of your way?

Sherri: Right. The 19th-century governess look is so in.

Charlotte: In what? What is it in? What you do go on about sometimes! Why did I agree to write with you, again?

Sherri: You didn't. Your work is in the public domain so I just-- Never mind. You agreed that we're perfect together, remember? Witty, charming...

Charlotte: Of course I am. But what do you bring to the table? (smirks).

Sherri: Hey, I'm the one who raised the bar for the next generation of monster classics. Ask Library Journal.

Charlotte: You wouldn't have managed the "enthusiastically recommended for all" without my involvement, and you know it.

Sherri: (bows) I concede.

Charlotte: So? What did they "do" to your hair? You never showed us.

Sherri: Here's the after. To the right.

Charlotte: (looks over). It's exactly the same. What do you mean?

Sherri: Not the same. It's shorter. Bouncier.

Charlotte: If you say so. What does it cost to have your hair done?

Sherri: (rolls eyes). You don't want to know.

Charlotte: Not a problem for 19th century governesses. (smoothes hair). A fool and her money are soon parted. (smiles knowingly).

Sherri: Absolutely. I'm also giving away a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble at Molly's blog on Thursday.

Charlotte: Hm. Perhaps I'll see you there.

No comments:

 

©2009 SHERRI AND CHARLOTTE by BloggerTemplates