Thursday, February 25, 2010

Zombies! Oh my!

Charlotte: Ack! It's Abbot! Where did you find her? She is the spitting image of Jane Slayre's Miss Abbot. I would know her anywhere.

Sherri: Well, you should. You created her.

Charlotte: You're the one who suggested she be a zombie.

Sherri: I thought you didn't want to give me any credit.

Charlotte: (shrugs). You might have some good ideas. From time to time. But where did you find her?

Sherri: That's not Abbot, Charlotte. It's Madonna.

Charlotte: The Madonna?

Sherri: Probably not the one you're thinking. Madonna Ciccone. 80s icon? Celebrated pop star? Michigander turned Brit?

Charlotte: Oh, one of your friends from Michigan?

Sherri: (shakes head). No, I only lived in Michigan(Canton) for a few years. And not while Ms. Madge was there, as far as I know.

Charlotte: Madge? I thought you said she was Madonna?

Sherri: (sighs) It's a nickname. You know, like Rochester tends to call Jane "Janet."

Charlotte: So you and Madge are friends, then?

Sherri: No, I've never met her. She's a celebrity. I think the paparazzi made it up. Or maybe she is Madge to friends. I have no idea.

Charlotte: It was so much easier in the old days, before Internet and Paparazzi. But, if she's famous, why hasn't anyone saved her?

Sherri: Saved her?

Charlotte: She's a zombie, isn't she? The sunken cheeks, the pallor? Where are all the slayers? Someone should save her from her mortal bounds and send her soul on to peace.

Sherri: She's not a zombie. It's just a rather unfortunate picture.

Charlotte: Hm. I'll take your word for it. Speaking of pictures, have you any more of that Bradley Cooper fellow?

Sherri: Aha! I knew you liked him.

Charlotte: Ahem. No. It's simply for a character study. I was thinking of writing some more about St. John's adventures in India.

Sherri: Really? Sounds like fun. Can I help?

2 comments:

Rachel E. Moniz said...

I loved this, Sherri! And that is quite a scary picture of Madonna.

Sherri Browning Erwin said...

Thanks. :) It is a really scary picture. Maybe she was hungry. I'm always testy when I'm hungry.

 

©2009 SHERRI AND CHARLOTTE by BloggerTemplates